Due to the onset of the COVID-19 virus, and the impact to our community, all planned events are cancelled until further notice.
Join Us for Coffee & Conversations!
Come out on Sunday, February 23rd between 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM for
Coffee and Conversation!
We will be at our local Tim Hortons at Thomas St. and Tenth Line. When you arrive look for our sign on the tables and join us with your beverage of choice. It is an excellent time to meet your neighbours, get to know some of the CMRA Directors and make some new friendships.
Everyone is welcome! Whether you are shy or outgoing, we are sure you will have a wonderful time with great people.
The CMRA Annual General Meeting 2019
Date: Friday, Oct 04th, 2019
Location: VIVA Retirement Centre, 5575 Bonnie Street, Mississauga, Ont. L5M 0N8
Time: 7pm to 9pm; Doors open at 6:30pm for member registration
On the Agenda:
- A look back at 2018/2019 and all that we have accomplished
- What we have planned for next year
- Elect a new board of directors
- Meet and network with neighbours and community members
- Federal Candidates Meet and Greet
- Serve on the Board of Directors
- Serve on committees
- Ask to view financial records and meeting minutes
- Help organize events
- Become an ambassador for the Resident Association
- Be a voice for the residents of Churchill Meadows
Eligibility: Anyone who lives within the Churchill Meadows boundaries, is at least 16 years of age and is not an elected public official (or on the immediate staff of an elected public official) can become a CMRA member.
Memberships must be renewed annually. A $10.00 non-refundable fee is due at the time of renewal. There will be an opportunity for residents to sign up or renew memberships during the AGM. Please Note: a valid 2019/2020 CMRA Membership will be required to vote at the AGM.
For more information on the AGM or CMRA Memberships please contact us.
Board of Directors
A new Board will be elected at the AGM. If you would like to serve on the Board of Directors, please contact us to receive more information. While nominations will be accepted from the floor, it is advisable to contact us and receive a nomination form ahead of time.
Candidates Meet and Greet
Join your fellow neighbours and meet the federal candidates who have chosen to represent our community in the upcoming Federal election. Each candidate will have the opportunity to address their constituents and where they stand on local and national issues.
The Churchill Meadows Residence Association would like to inform everyone that our Annual Outdoor Movie Night scheduled to take place on July 20, 2019 at 7pm has been postponed until Saturday July 27, 2019 due to the weather conditions in the area.
The safety of our attendees, vendors and volunteers always comes first. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and look forward to seeing everyone next Saturday July 27, 2019 to screen Spiderman Into the Spiderverse.
Please share this update with family, friends and neighbors.
Join us on July 27th for our 4th Annual Outdoor Movie Night!
This year we will be screening the movie Spiderman Into The Spiderverse. Watch the trailer below.
- Date: Saturday July 27, 2019
- Time: 7 pm (Movie begins at 9 pm)
- Activities to Participate in:
- Face Panting/Henna
- Upwards Sports Gaming – Start Time 7 pm
- Dress Up Contest – see details below
- Special appearance by everyone’s favorite superhero
- Photobooth – take pictures and selfies dressed up as your favorite marvel character
- Location: Churchill Meadows Community Commons (3370 McDowell Drive)
- Cost: Free!
- Register on the following link so we know you’re coming: Outdoor Movie Night
This event will be photographed; photos and videos will be published on this website and social media.
What to Bring?
- A blanket or camp chairs for a place to sit
- Bug spray
- Food vendors will be present and will charge cash for food items
Spiderman Into The Spiderverse – Trailer
Costume Contest, We’re Doing It Again! Children of all ages are invited to dress up.
A prize will be awarded for the best costume.
Costume Contest Rules
- This contest will be held on July 20, 2019. In the event of rain, the contest will be held on July 27, 2019.
- This contest is open to children and the young at heart. There is no age limit.
- No purchase is required to enter the contest.
- CMRA board members and their immediate family are excluded from entering this contest.
- Participants may dress up as their favorite marvel character.
- The criteria for choosing the best costume will be based on effort, creativity and originality.
- The selection of the best costume will be entirely at the discretion of the Judge. The Judge’s decision will be final and no appeals will be considered.
- Contestants will be called to come to the area in front of the screen at approximately 8:30pm. If no contestant comes forward at that time wearing a suitable costume, the CMRA reserves the right not to select a winner.
- By entering this contest, you are giving permission for yourself or your child to be photographed or videotaped. Images may be shared in print or on the internet for news or promotional purposes.
The CMRA would like to thank our event sponsors. Their generosity makes it possible for us to host free events for the Churchill Meadows community.
Check out last year’s Outdoor Movie Night Jumanji 2
FREE Cycling Workshop and Bike Tune Up!
Churchill Meadows Residents Association in partnership with the City of Mississauga is excited to bring Safety and Repair Workshops and Free Bike Tune Ups near you. Don’t let a flat tire stop you from riding this summer! Learn some bicycling safety tips, watch a demonstration on how to fix a flat tire, and practice the skills you’ve learned.
Safety and Repair Workshop is part of Spring Cleanup, Let’s Tune Up! event, taking place on Sunday June 23rd, 2019 at Mississauga-Meadowvale Rotary Park located at 3302 Tacc Drive, Mississauga.
Safety and Repair Workshops are an interactive learning exercise which are planned on the hour every hour starting at 9 am and will run until 1 pm. Each workshop is divided into two parts. Part one will teach the participants how to fit a helmet, how to properly use hand signals while biking and how to check your bike before riding, etc. The second part of the workshop will begin with demonstrations on how to fix a flat tire followed by the participants working together to fix a flat using the skills they just learned. All materials for the workshop will be provided by the instructors. These workshops are highly popular and fill up quickly. To avoid disappointment, it is recommended to pre-register for the workshop below:
In addition to the Safety and Repair Workshops, a mobile Bike Mechanic truck will also be onsite to provide free bike tune up for the bicycles. Bring your bicycles to the event and get them serviced free of cost.
Community Garage Sale
Churchill Meadows community is organizing a community garage sale on Sunday, June 23rd at Mississauga Meadowvale Rotary Park. It will start at 8am. With a variety of vendors to choose from come early and have your pick of all that is available.
With the arrival of spring, it is time for spring cleaning. “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure”, a garage sale is an opportunity to declutter and find a new home for your unwanted and unused items and change them into cash. Doing it at a community level is even better.
Our Community Garage Sale takes place at one location where everyone can bring their items for sale. The tables will be set up in the morning for homeowners who want to display and sell their household items. It is taking place in a centrally located park in Churchill Meadows and admission is free. Mississauga-Meadowvale Rotary Park is located at 3302 Tacc Drive, Mississauga Ontario.
The Community Garage Sale is part of the Churchill Meadows Residents Associations effort to promote sustainable living. It encourages people to recycle and reuse goods which helps eliminate wasteful garbage from landfills and provides an opportunity for everyone to participate. It is a great place to find bargains and a fun way to meet your neighbors. It is good for the environment and it is good for the community!
Wait! That’s not all. Our Community Garage Sale also supports our local high school’s environment initiative where 10% of the sales from the garage sale will be donated to the High Schools Eco Club.
How do I participate as a vendor?
To participate as a vendor, you need to register beforehand. Click here or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to sell at the garage sale. Your application will be reviewed by the organizer and you will be informed of the selection. Food vendors are also needed.
It is the goal of the organizer to provide a variety of items and goods for sale for the garage sale event. It is a free event, an 8 feet long table will be provided to the homeowners who have preregistered with CMRA and agreed to the terms and condition to participate in the garage sale event.